Security Guards London
London security guards
Security guards are individuals employed in a position of trust to guard valuables from theft, criminal damage or shoplifting. Historically, security guards were employed to guard static locations and deter potential trespassers but today their role is more complex.
Our security guards can take on a number of roles from patrolling busy retail shopping centres to sorting mail in busy receptions. It really depends on the client requirements what the security guard’s duties will be.
Security guards licensing requirements
The Security Industry Authority (SIA) is the regulatory body that governs the private security industry in the UK under the Private Security Industry Act 2001. It is illegal to work as a security guard in London and the UK without a valid SIA licence.
Holding a valid SIA license is the minimum legal requirement to work within the private security industry. However, the SIA had advised that security guards should be vetted to British Standard (BS) 7858 for security vetting to ensure only individuals of good character can work within the security industry. BS 7858 is the industry standard for security vetting which includes due diligence regarding 5 years employment history, references, credit checks and criminal record.
Bravo Security Limited undertakes stringent due diligence before offering London security guards to a client location. The security guard’s selection and vetting process is undertaken at senior managerial level to ensure only suitable individuals with relevant experience and good character are sent to the client premises.
Sectors covered by our London security guards
We cover most sectors because our security guards are versatile and can adapt to your organizational requirements:
- Retail security guards
- Construction security guards
- Reception security guards
- Full gate control security guards
- Construction site guarding (Valid CSCS card and full PPE provided)
- Plain clothed security guards for investigative purposes when client experiences loss
How can our London security guards protect your business
- Provide a visual deterrent to achieve a high profile authoritative presence
- Carry out planned and random patrols to protect the client against theft and criminal damage
- Carry out random and planned staff searches which can help as both as a deterrent and improve profitability
- Provide an evidential audit trail which leads to higher prosecution rates
- Liaise with the Police, emergency services and local authorities in the client’s behalf
- Provide plain clothed security guards when the client experiences loss affecting their bottom line
- Our security guards are fully trained in loss prevention
After an initial discussion we visit the client location to identify any weaknesses in the current security arrangements and advise to remediate them accordantly. We will then put in place protocols and draft the security guard’s duties to fit the client requirements.
Each client benefits from a dedicated case manager to ensure security objectives are attained within agreed terms and for quality control purposes. Before sending a security guard to your location they receive a full briefing of your needs and expectations.
We equip our security guards with smart uniforms, radios and bodyworn CCTV cameras. These acts as a deterrent and are also useful in protecting our staff and the client from civil actions and to prosecute offenders.
Our security guards rates
Bravo Security is offering a very competitive pricing scheme for security guards which starts at £10.99 per hour plus VAT. The final rate will depend on a number of circumstances such as number of hours, length of contract, number of guards etc. There are no hidden fees or additional charges. The rate quoted is the rate you will pay.
Ten reasons to use Bravo Security guards
- Fully SIA licensed security guards
- Security guards are vetted to BS 7858 Code of Practice for Security Screening of Personnel employed in a Security Environment
- Fully trained in diversity in the workplace, drug awareness and first-aid at work.
- Dedicated case manager
- UK Nationwide coverage
- Quick deployment and versatility
- Working strictly within BS 7499 Code of Practice for Static site Guarding and Mobile Patrol Services
- Our security guards are available 24 hours a day 7 day a week
- Fully meeting Lone Worker legal requirements
- High evidential and prosecution rates
To talk with a member of our team about your security guards requirements please don’t hesitate to contact Bravo Security team today.